Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Concerts!

So, there have been posts previously about favorite movie quotes and meeting celebrities, which made me think, what concerts has everyone out there gone to? I'll start by listing the concerts I've been to, if you want to play along, just leave me a note and let me know!
  • Styx/REO Speedwagon/Def Leppard - Okay, so this is my most recent concert experience (last Saturday night) and I realized one thing...It seems that I am a bigger REO fan than I thought...I new the words to every song, except their most recent, a song from last year! Good concert! I also had the experience previously about 10 years ago when I saw just Styx and REO Speedwagon!
  • Billy Joel - A legend, who puts on such a simple yet fantastic show! It was just two hours of hit after hit after hit!
  • Ozzfest (featuring Black Sabbath & Marilyn Manson)
  • Green Day (with My Chemical Romance)
  • Tim McGraw & Faith Hill (Soul2Soul Tour & Soul2Soul II Tour) - So special I had to see it twice! These are two of my favorite country superstars, and it just happens that they are married and toured together, three times! They put on a great show!
  • Shania Twain (Up! Tour, Come On Over Tour, & Television Special Taping with Backstreet Boys and Elton John) - So I went through a Shania obsession period for a while...but it was fun! I still love her music (if she ever puts anything new out?) and my last concert experience was great...I was on the floor and got to go up towards the stage and she signed my program and 2 CD covers, and gave me a high five! Very memorable!
  • Backstreet Boys
  • Jo Dee Messina (Burn Tour (2x), Delicious Surprise Tour (2x)) - My favorite country artist of all time! She mixes rock with country and is so energetic! Always a great show and whenever she is in a town I am in...I will be there!
  • Y-100 WingDing (featuring Destiny's Child & Jessica Simpson)
  • Madonna (The Re-Invention Tour) - This was kind of a fluke concert...I went to get tickets which sold out immediately, and figured I wouldn't go. A couple days before the concert I looked on a broker site who had 2 upper level tickets for only $25 each! I grabbed them and had a blast. Oh, and the seats, were really good too!
  • Kelly Clarkson (Breakaway Tour & Independence/Truth Tour with Clay Aiken) - Kelly puts on a great show and it was a lot of fun! I took my mom to the one with Clay because she likes him so we both had a good time!
  • Duran Duran (The Astronaut Tour) - So much fun! This was for their previous album and it was fun...I was on the floor, about 10 rows from the stage, and with 2 close friends. All fun!
  • American Idol Tour (Seasons 2, 4, & 5)
  • Spice Girls (The Spiceworld Tour) - Okay, enough said...I was 10, first tour ever...went with friends...

Upcoming Tours I Plan on Going to:
  • Reba McEntire
So what are the concerts you have gone to? Are planning to go to? What is your ultimate dream concert? If you want to reminisce with me about the music we've seen, just let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

Eva said...

I am so jealous that you have seen Kelly Clarkson! I would love that.

Great post! I think listing your concerts was a great idea.