Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Monday, March 3, 2008

The Week-End Wrap & Review: The Two Week In Waiting Edition

Well it has been at least two weeks since I have done a weekly update! Now there is method to my madness...you see, a review wouldn't be very entertaining (I am assuming that it is entertaining to begin with) without anything to review...but instead now I have much to review, so lets begin:

What I Saw: Let's start with the most recent movie that I have watched, No Country For Old Men. Yes, this is the same film that just won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Supporting Actor at the Oscars two weeks ago! Now, while I was watching the movie, I had many questions and various things going through my mind...mostly trying to figure out the protagonist from the antagonist. By the end of the movie, I was just kinda blah about it, but upon reading some interesting interpretations, I want to give the movie a second shot, maybe watch it again. I also watched Enchanted. The latest Disney movie, was well...exactly that, a Disney movie! I think the most violence in the entire movie, was an evil henchman trying to throw a chipmunk into a pizza burner (but failing). However, it was still a good movie...just a lot of fluff!

What I Heard: What haven't I heard this week. I have still been playing the new Dolly Parton album, Backwoods Barbie, which has been getting fantastic reviews. I have also gone a bit retro this week and the car CD player has been playing James Taylor's Greatest Hits! I love my James Taylor! So much so, that does anyone want to go on a road-trip to see him in Atlanta at the end of May? (It's the closest he is coming to Miami)

What I Read: Nothing! These past two weeks have been filled with absolutely no reading...mostly because work has actually been busy! Who would of thought?

Well, that is the review for now...lots of movie info, some music, and no books!

No comments: