Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Monday Morning Mix-Up: The Madonna Edition

Well, once again, a record vote and a unanimous decision! Thats right, another week of just one single lonely vote! The theme to the poll this week was Hall of Famers, with John Mellencamp and Madonna being inducted last week, REM last year, and Blondie in 2006. Well that one singular vote went to the ever evolving Madonna! So here it goes:
  • Die Another Day (from the album American Life) - The song that possibly started the whole dance floor phase of Madonna! A good song, a decent Bond song!
  • Beautiful Stranger (from the soundtrack to Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me) - A great retro style song! What was even better was seeing the video for the song!
  • Bedtime Story (from the album Bedtime Stories)
  • Like It Or Not (from the album Confessions on a Dance Floor) - A great beat to this song! This is a great contemporary album that seems to have completely rejuvenated Madonna into a new generation!
  • Vogue (from the album I'm Breathless) - A classic Madonna song! Who doesn't know most of the words to this song!
  • Love Song (from the album Like a Prayer) - It's early Madonna! So different from current Madonna, but still good. (Even though it seems there is a reason this wasn't a single!)
  • Think of Me (from the album Madonna) - Even more classic, from her very first album!
  • Don't Tell Me (from the album Music) - Probably one of my top two Madonna albums (the other being Ray of Light) and this song is great! I remember listening to this song the first time and thinking there was something wrong with the CD because it sounds as though it is skipping in the beginning!
  • Swim (from the album Ray of Light) - My favorite Madonna album! From beginning to end it has a flow about it that just keeps you entranced!
  • La Isla Bonita (from the album True Blue) - A very fun, very Florida-esque song!
Well that is is for this weeks mix up! Please send me suggestions for future voting selections!

2 comments:

Hilda said...

Guess who your lone voter is...:)

sari said...

I'll vote!

I have to say, I'm a Madonna fan, but I think I prefer Early Madonna as opposed to Later Madonna.

But I did see her when she was here about two years ago, it was a great show.