Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The New Year's Meme (A Couple Weeks Late)


This is supposed to be a
New Years Meme, but seeing as how my source and inspiration for this meme, and all memes, didn't post it until a few day ago...well, betther late than never.I am reaching out in the blog-a-sphere trying to make new friends, so this member will give them a chance to know a little more about moi!If you want to play, let me know in my comments.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?Love unconditionally

2. Did you keep last year's new years' resolutions, and did you make more for 2008?I did not make any resolutions last year, actually this is the first time I have ever made resolutions, and I plan on sticking with them! Want to know what they are…just look a couple posts down…

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?My best friends wife and one of my cousins…

4. Did anyone close to you die?My grandfather- technically he passed away on December 31, 2006, but I consider it for the 2007 year…besides him, my Great Aunt (my grandfathers sister).

5. What countries did you visit?I did go to Hialeah once or twice…does that count? Oh…and I went around the world (at Epcot)! This year though I am planning to go to Calgary!

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?A flat stomach….and I will get there!

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?My best friends baby’s birth-day (10/12)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?To successfully run the first half of the year for Toastmasters Area 1 in the Southern Miami area….second half…here I come!

9. What was your biggest failure?I don’t really know…I have programmed myself not to think of things as failures, but rather lessons.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?When don’t I? I was supposed to have my tonsils removed, but that got postponed. Then I went through all different tests to learn I could possibly have a bowel disease (not IBS or Chrones though)

11. What was the best thing you bought?I think I would have to go with my Playstation 3. It does everything…and I am sure if I open the cover it would reveal a Foreman Grill

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Everybody who marked a milestone that I know….Troy & Mrs. Pheasant for their newborn and Wesley for growing up and being such a sweet kid. Kim & Erick for purchasing their new house and moving in. My parents for everything they do and put up with me. My grandmother for getting through what must be an extremely tough year after over 60 years of companionship. And to me, for beginning my college teaching career, all while maintaining a positive outlook on everything that is going on and coming up.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?Nothing much has appalled me over the past year…nor depressed really

14. Where did most of your money go?Probably on my new laptop that I got back in March. But so much went elsewhere as well.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Anything new…becoming Area Governor in Toastmasters

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?It would have to be Rhianna’s Umbrella because not only was her version all over the radio but then it seemed like every artist was singing this song live or on special iTunes downloads….it was everywhere!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Same (but not for long)
c) richer or poorer? Richer (in both the wallet and the mind)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?Travel – Spend quality time with family

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?Work! But I guess that comes with age….instead, how about judge….even though I tend to not do it, sometimes it is inevitable

20. How did you spend Christmas 2007?Baking with friends, baking with family, visiting family

[21 is missing. Couldn't be bothered to stick around, apparently.]

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?Romantical love, no. In other senses, I have realized the amount that I do love particular people and care for them and the fact that I love these people with no strings attached, unconditionally (see #1)

23. How many one-night stands?I sleep at night, I don’t stand!

24. What was your favorite TV program?It would have to be Lost

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?Not really

26. What was the best book you read?The Alchemist

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?It would probably be Mika, a British import with that 70’s Pop style that is infectious, yet his lyrics are current and mean so much

28. What did you want and get?A great group of friends to pass the time with and laugh with

29. What did you want and not get?Nothing really…

30. What was your favorite film of this year?Pan’s Labryinth was by far my favorite this year…it had mystery, fantasy, reality, and some other –y’s that I just can’t think of. It was good. Another good one was Across The Universe.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?I turned 24, and this year I don’t think I did much. I went to Disney with friends 2 weeks before my birthday (but not for my birthday) and I went to dinner with my parents.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Be more observant of things going on around

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?I switched from the Polo/Button Down with Jeans to the T-Shirt and Shorts, but it is time to bring the metrosexual back!

34. What kept you sane?Everyone I keep around me…(you know all the imaginary friends)

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?I don’t really know….there are a lot of celebrity crushes….but the most, I don’t know

36. What political issue stirred you the most?I agree with Hilda and Troy...The war in Iraq, even though the Florida Primary scandal kinda ticks me off!

37. Who did you miss?My grandfather

38. Who was the best new person you met?Probably Dylan…(or Hilda)

39. What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2007?To be more positive about everything you do, everything you encounter, and so forth. If something bad happens, learn the lesson and move on. Remember the lesson, not the incident.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums 2007."Let it be"

3 comments:

Hilda said...

Awww! Thanks for #38, I'm honored to be in such wonderful company!

I *LOVE* Mika - doesn't he remind you of Freddy Mercury?

Matt said...

Yes! He reminds me of Freddy as well, but I just love how infectious his songs are, yet that have tons of meaning!

TroyBoy said...

Thanks Matt, and the unconditional love for friends is reciprocated - I had to look that one up.