Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Year...New Resolutions

So I am not the kind of person who makes New Year's Resolutions, but this year I have actually made a few! Most are fairly straight forward, while the other one has many different parts to it!

(1) Learn how to say NO! - For the many of you who know me, I am very easy to get a favor out of, even if I don't necessarily have the time to do it. This is because I cannot say no! Well that will be changing this year! I will learn those two little letters, and I will use them!

(2) Better Myself - At first I felt selfish thinking of this as a resolution, but then this year I do want to focus my energy on myself and taking care of myself. Last year I was ridden with allergies and infections, so this year I want to (a) eat better (b) exercise more (c) learn more (d) have more adventures, etc. I know this sounds like any "common" resolution, but I am not necessarily looking to lose a certain amount of weight or anything, just to become healthier.

(3) Blog on a more regular basis.

As part of #2, I am taking up the goal to read 40 books over the course of 2008! This was partially inspired by a fellow blogger at 50 Books. So, my sidebar will be updating everyone of this! I will of course include my review of these books!

So, wish me luck and NO!

3 comments:

Cristina said...

Good luck with that No thing you are going to try. To me that seems to be the toughest resolution of all. It's a good one though. I wish you luck and NO! back atcha!

TroyBoy said...

Matt, can ya watch the kids for us this weekend?

Toni Lea Andrews said...

Here's a favor that will help you with another of your resolutions -- read one of MY books. LOL!