Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Am Speeching On Wednesday!!!

So, some of you out in the world of blogs, might know that this Wednesday I will be giving a speech at my Toastmasters club. Some of you might even know that this Wednesday I will be turning a quarter-century old! That's right the big 2-5! The big car insurance break...(except mine is already the cheapest in the house)!

Anyways, I have to give a speech that night, and I know the idea of the speech, but I would love to have some imput and stories from you all! The title of the speech is "Another Year Older, Another Year Dumber" and the idea is that, as you get older, your parents get smarter. The reason behind the parents getting smarter is actually you realizing their advice was the "good advice" or the "right advice" from the beginning.

So, what are some of the situations where you got advice from your parents that you didn't take that ended up going wrong, and you realized years later, if you had only taken your parents advice?

No comments: