Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Friday, November 9, 2007

The Week-End Wrap-Up & Review

Well everyone in blogworld...it has been a very productive week here at The Scribbler's Nook...and now, let's review:

What I Saw: This week actually gave me the chance to catch up on some television that has been sitting on my TIVO for what seems the past month. (Even though, now with the writers strike, maybe I should of waited to watch all those episodes of Bionic Woman!) So, I've watched Bionic Woman and Moonlight and I am all caught up. Both shows are okay, but they are more of something to have on in the background while I get other work done!

What I Heard: I have actually had a mixture of CD's or songs playing on the iTunes here at home. Much of what I have been listening to is Robert Plant & Alison Krauss' CD Raising Sand. Alison Krauss is probably one of my top two or three female voices, and now to hear her singing with a legend...it really is amazing! I have also been listening to Carrie Underwood's new CD Carnival Ride, which is really a delight to listen to!

What I Read: Well, if you have read my blog earlier in the week, you would of noticed that I have started a new book, John Conolly's The Book of Lost Things. I am only a chapter into it, but I am completely enthralled by it. The idea behind it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland or Pan's Labyrinth. A full review will come when finished!

That's it for this week...got a busy weekend ahead of me. I really want to go to the book fair, but my normal book fair buddy is out of town, so trying to convince mother to go. Besides that I have to get a new TV as mine is fading fast! Hope everyone out there in blogworld has a happy and safe weekend, and a Happy Veterans Day to all the Vets out there, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

3 comments:

sari said...

We've been catching up on The Office around here, and I bought Rising Sand for my husband for his birthday last week - it's a great cd, isn't it?

Matt said...

It really is a great CD! It's been in my car for at least a week, as well as on repeat in iTunes!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.