Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

All's Not So Quiet

Well hello all Scribbler Fans in the realms of the blogiverse! It has been far too long since I have posted, but it was all for a reason. Right now, literally, my bathroom and bedroom are being renovated. Thats right...the project is finally getting done. (Folks, this is 2 years in the making...if not more!)

Well, most everything for the rooms are purchased and the workers began on Monday and they said it should take 2-3 weeks to complete! So the breakdown of what they are doing:
- Tile all 4 walls in the bathroom
- New tile on the shower floor
- New tile on the floor of the bathroom as well as into my bedroom
- New shower & sink fixtures
- New shower doors
- Pocket door to replace door into bathroom
- New commode
- New vanity & counter top
- Baseboards in bedroom removed, sanded, re-stained, and clear coated
- All 4 bedroom walls re-plastered, smoothed, primed, and painted
- New electrical wires run so that all my equipment works properly
- Possibly, the removal of all popcorn from the ceilings.

So while all of this is going on...I am sharing an office with my mother, and my temporary bedroom is my fathers office, and, oh yeah...currently all three of us are sharing a bathroom (not all at the same time) while my parents have their fixed.

It is only day 3 and I want my room back!

On another note, some new events over the past 2 weeks! I have purchased a nice new television for my nice new room. It is a 32" LG LCD HDTV (man, that is a lot of letters). It will look very nice up on the wall once it is mounted! I have yet to name it so I will take all suggestions.

Also, yesterday I went and interviewed for a temporary position at Killian High School, taking over a Language Arts class for a teacher who is going on maternity leave around the end of January.

Besides that, everything else is Quiet in the Scribbler's Nook.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Good luck with the job. I want to be a teacher when I grow up...and why do we need to name the TV? Do we name all our electronics?

TroyBoy said...

How did the interview go, Matt?