Books I'm Reading/Plan To Read

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Monday Morning Mix-Up :Tuesday's Singer/Songwriter Edition

Okay, so what...a day late, a buck short, I'm writing the report...wait that's a different song... Anyways, here it is, the brand spankin' new Monday Mix-Up. You voted for it...it is the Singer/Songwriter Edition:
  • Jewel - Jesus Loves You (from the album This Way) - A song that makes your think of the world around, and hey it even says "showing tata's on the TV is okay"
  • Ryan Adams - If I Am A Stranger (from the album Everybody Knows EP) - Another good song. This artist I started liking when I went to UF, but have yet to see him live. His genre stretches from soft to heavy rock to bluegrass and country!
  • Don McLean - Till Tomorrow (from the album American Pie) - A classic album, a classic singer, a great song!
  • Carly Simon - You're So Vein (from the album Reflections) - So... is it Mick or Warren or James?
  • John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads (from the album The Essential John Denver) - One of my all time favorite "oldies." It reminds me of the campfires at one of the Boy Scout camps I used to go to. We would all sit around and sing John Denver, Johnny Cash, and Bob Dylan songs for hours!
  • James Taylor - My Traveling Star (from the album October Road)
  • Kenny Loggins - Return to Pooh Corner (from the album Return to Pooh Corner)
  • Paul Simon - The Boy In The Bubble (from the album The Essential Paul Simon)
  • Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Work (from the album Forrest Gump) - A fantastic song, and one that I would probably dub the most provocative and the most meaningful of all rock and roll, mainly for the time it was done and the message that it sent out.
  • Peter, Paul, & Mary - Puff The Magic Dragon (from the album The Very Best Of) - A song that has so much meaning to me. Not because it was sung to me when I was little, but because of the magic that goes with it. When I was much younger I went on vacation with my parents to Hawaii and we visited Christian Reese Lassen's gallery there. He had a painting called Hanalee which was a shore line that had a little hut on it, and the story was that as it got darker the light inside the cabin would brighten and Puff was home...The picture had that effect that as the lights on it were dimmed, the cabins lights naturally brightened.
Well, fellow bloggers, that is it! The singer/songwriter edition of the Monday Morning Mix-Up. Make sure to vote for your choice for next weeks Mix Up! Until then, enjoy the music!

1 comment:

TroyBoy said...

Do we get to find out who votes for what?